4 Things I am going to do once the lockdown is lifted

April 28, 2020

Hey everyone!

I have seen a lot of posts from people, on various platforms, about how fed up they are with the lockdown. We are all in this together! Stay strong.

I am not going to lie, I started out with a resistive attitude to all this.

We weren't even on lockdown and I had to be put in quarantine for 2 weeks! Good job we did quarantine too, as all of Miles' family and I (luckily minus his gran!) then got the virus, or at least we think we did!
So as well as being sick, we also couldn't go out, we had no taste so every meal was a battle and we were rapidly running out of paracetamol. Thankfully we were lucky enough not to need any medical treatment and our most annoying symptoms only lasted about a week. However, it was not fun! But the sun came out, and I then got put on furlough, so I have been enjoying using my extra time to better myself (find out more about that here).

Anyway... the bottom line is, due to the lockdown there will be places, activities, people, foods and more that we are unable to do, get and see. So here is 4 things I can't wait to do when the lockdown is lifted.

1. Go and visit my mum and her dogs: Usually I would go and see my mum every Sunday. We would paint our nails, go shopping, talk about the week and maybe look at a DIY project she needed help with. She'd cook an amazing roast, we'd walk the dogs and that would be that. I can't remember the last time I saw mum, but we talk all the time! I really miss the dogs!
2. Go for a long hack on Archie: I am still riding Arch (the pony), but inside the yard only. The roads are still quite busy round here, for some reason?! And his owner and I have decided it just isn't worth the risk. If something were to happen to us if we went out, it would put a strain on the NHS, and the last place I'd like to be right now is in hospital! So I'd love to go for a nice long wander with him, like we did just before I went into quarantine.

3. Meet up with my girls: You just can't beat a cup of coffee, and a catch up with your friends! The lockdown has meant that we have had to celebrate my bestie's birthday over Facetime (it was actually quite fun, if I am honest) and it is likely we will have to celebrate mine, and maybe more of our birthdays over video too. I can't wait to have a face to face catch up with my favourite people. I am however, grateful we are able to have our chats over Facetime!

4. Spend some time away with Miles: We were a week away from booking our next holiday, a trip abroad to celebrate him finishing uni, before the lockdown came into play. I can't wait to get away somewhere special with him. Even if it is just camping overnight in the New Forrest (amazing break choice BTW!) I will be happy. I am sure there will be a lot of people wanting to do this too!

What are you looking forward to most when the lockdown is lifted?

You Might Also Like

0 comments