Who am I?

February 14, 2018

Hello blogletts!

Happy Valentines day, I hope you are all well?

I am switching things up again today, as I thought my experience with this was worth writing about...

I'd seen a YouTube video back in October of the Ladylike girls at Buzzfeed (Big fan!) doing  DNA tests to find out their heritage. I thought it was a pretty cool idea especially with my heritage. From my mothers side I am Italian/Trinidadian and from my fathers side I am English/Scottish.

So I asked my family for one for Christmas...Roll forward a few weeks and on Christmas day I open up my first present and its the DNA test! Yay! (Thanks fam!)

As soon as I got home, I opened up the box so I could get my sample ready and send it off, unfortunately there is a downside to this test, it takes between 6-8 weeks to process and I am the worlds most inpatient person so I needed to get a wiggle on.




Inside the box I got:

- A prepaid box to send my samples in with
- A sample tube
- A collection bag
- Instructions on how to use the kit


So... I bet you all want to know, how it works? All you have to do is spit in the sample tube, pop it in the post and wait.

Fast forward 6-8 weeks and my results came in... Now, given my heritage, I was a little confused with these results and I was tempted to buy another brand to see how they compared, however I believe this test isn't based on your direct relatives but much much further in the past.

Here are my results:


As you can see, I am even more of a Heinz 57 than I originally thought. Although I am unsure of the results I may buy another brand of test in the future. Have any of you done a DNA test like this? Have you got the results you were expecting?

You Might Also Like

0 comments