Its been a long time coming...

June 07, 2017

Hello Blogletts,

I know its been a while again, I've been struggling to find the time to blog for some time now so I have decided I am going to post as and when I can and that will be that.

Now... on with the show! Going back all the way to May on my birthday weekend. Miles and I re-discovered cheesy, garlicky heaven... "Gluten Free Styley" of course.

Imagine; warm, crispy, herby, pizzeria style garlic bread dipped in gooey, cheesy Camembert.

A quick, yet elegant dinner party starter, or even dinner for two (yes, we did!).

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you... (Drum roll please...)

Camembert au four avec pain à l'ail 


or Baked Camembert with Garlic Bread, if you aren't feeling posh!

!!Warning: This dish is best shared with fellow lovers of stinky cheese and garlic!!

You will need:

For the garlic bread:

  • 1 "part baked" gluten free baguette (I used Schar's)

  • 1 teaspoon of Garlic Paste (More or less to taste)

  • 2 tablespoons of Butter (Melted)

  • 1 teaspoon of Mixed Herbs

For the Camembert:

  • A ring of Camembert

  • 1/2 a teaspoon of mixed herbs

  • 1 large clove of garlic (thinly sliced)

  • a little olive oil (I used extra virgin)

Method:

To make the garlic bread:

  1. Pre-heat your oven to 200°C.

  2. Slice the baguette into discs about an inch thick and put on to a baking tray.

  3. Mix the herbs with the butter and garlic puree.

  4. Brush the baguette disks with the butter mixture and pop in the oven for 5-7 minutes.

To make the Camembert:

  1. Remove all plastic from the Camembert and place it back in the box.

  2. Using a sharp knife make little slits in the top of the Camembert and suff with the chopped garlic,

  3. Brush the top of the Camembert with the olive oil and sprinkle the mixed herbs over the top of it.

  4. Put the Camembert in the oven for 10 minutes.

  5. Enjoy, we like to dunk the garlic bread into the Camembert.

Delicious!



You Might Also Like

2 comments