My new Favourite lunch and some exciting news!

June 07, 2016

Hi everyoneee!

I've been mega busy lately! I haven't forgotten about you guys though, and if you follow my Facebook page you will see I have been surfacing every so often with a cheeky post or two.

There is lots of great gluten free news floating about at the moment, for instance, West Cornwall Pasty Co have recently launched a gluten free and dairy free pasty. I still haven't tried it yet as I promised Miles I'd wait for him to return from his holiday in South Korea! (Roll on Thursday its been lonnnnng!). However I know, I for one cant wait to sample these!

Also McVities announced yesterday that we can expect to see gluten free Hobnobs on the shelves of our supermarkets soon!

Eeeeeeeeeek!

Sorry I don't know quite what came over me... Ahem... Ok...So as I know a lot of you are, I am so excited for this as the GF biscuit section could do with a spruce up and it is definitely  a step in the right direction (moving on up!). The new biscuits are said to be launched in the beginning of July (Twitter announced) and there will be a choice of the Original or Milk Choc on offer. Yummy!

Yildiz takes McVities into UK gluten-free category

Now, on to the recipe...In a bid to vary my lunch a bit, and keep it light especially in the recent heat we've been having, I've been having a salad for my lunch. In case you haven't already guessed by now I have a bit of an appetite and I'm the kind of person that is always hungry... ALWAYS! But this salad really fills me up! Its not too calorific and it takes less than 5 minutes to throw together. it is packed with goodness but it doesn't break the bank and it goes a little like this...

You will need: (Serves one)


  • 1/3 cucumber

  • 2 salad tomatoes

  • 10 olives (pitted)

  • 20g feta cheese (I use the less fat equivalent)

  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice

  • 1 teaspoon olive oil

Method:

1.  Chop the tomatoes, olives and cucumber and pop into a bowl (I usually chop the tomato into 8ths, olives into halves and the cucumber into thick disks then halve them).

2. Take the feta and crumble it over the vegetables, and drizzle the lemon juice and olive oil on top. Give it a good stir and you are good to go!

3. Enjoy!




You Might Also Like

0 comments